Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wisdom Tooth

Hahaha... As i typed this subject, i realised how obsessed i have been over my wisdom tooth extraction... Without going into much detail abt the procedure which is, thank god, over... I wanna tok abt smth which struck me during this time...

There are times when you realise certain things in life and it was not a defining moment.. It was a mundane routine thing which cld have triggered it....

One thing this extraction made me realise other than the pain of cos, is the fact that i have a lot of ppl ard me who care for me and give me strength...

Siva, my soon to be ex husband, called me on the morning of the fateful day, albeit his busy schedule, to give me words of encouragement.. to tell me it wl all be ok... Jenny, my FB fren from Aussie, smsed me out of the blue, telling me it will be all ok... My sis did a prayer for me at temple... And the countless no of well wishes....

But the one thing that struck me most.. was my Dad.. For those who dunno abt him, he is a heart patient, underwent bypass 3 times and suffered alot each time... Name a illness and he most likely has had it... But he is a fighter who survived each and every thing the world threw at him... He came to visit me on the second day when i was practically unable to speak... And here i was complaining abt my TOOTH infront of this guy who has seen worse.. practically hell and back... and his reaction surprised me...

He comforted me... Giving me all the reasons y i am strong to go thru this extraction and how even him pulling out 6 TEETH (at one short) could not compare with my pain... And that i wl get thru this... I dunno y but it made me feel sooooo small... Like a child ... Not the strong person i always perceived myself to be... I needed to be comforted... and there was my dad, with all the pain he is going thru, comforting me for a wisom tooth extraction...

Anyone else, might have, just brushed it aside, "Come on, it's a tooth!!! "But not my appa... He still calls me every day to ask if i am feeling beta and if he shd do porridge or smth for me to eat...

Getting comfort from my mom has always been easy... she has always been soft... Anything that happens to her kids is a big deal.. But not my Dad... I am Thankful to have been born to Mr Thangavelu and Mdm Rajeswari ... Who still pamper me at the age of 29 when they think i need it ...

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful.. i love this blog post. Now i believe you are pulli kutty.

    Dont worry most the fighting skill from your dad i guess.

    God bless your family and more happiness for you. Keep smiling although it aches.

    ReplyDelete